|Romanized name:||Morino Ryōshi|
|English name:||Ryoushi Morino|
|First Appearance:||Episode 1|
|Japanese VA:||Miyu Irino|
|English VA:||Joel Mcdonald|
- "I want to protect Ryouko!"
- —Ryoushi defending Ryouko.
Ryoushi is the male protagonist in the anime. He is 16 years old and has a crush on Ryouko. He even confessed to her in the first episode but got rejected almost immediately. Ringo tries to recruit him but her idea gets rejected by Ryouko. No one actually pays attention to him which can be very handy in infiltration missions but if someone actually does he tends to screw up the mission. After proving himself that he is worthy enough to be Ryouko's partner, she eventually accepts him into the group.
He has a very shy and cowardly personality and gets extremely nervous when people are staring at him (Scopophobia), but when all circumstances are good, he can be exceptional in supporting his friends and Ryouko.
Ryoushi has shown to be observant, as taught by his grandfather. This makes him suited for infiltration missions. Also, this makes him aware of the purpose of the actions of others, such as Ryouko's "tough" personality and Machiko's "clumsiness" and antics.
Ryoushi's character develops as the story continues. When Ryouko is kidnapped by Hitsujikai's lackeys, Ryoushi becomes determined to save her and is willing to fight Hitsujikai himself head-on.
He has mid-long, dark green-blue hair and green eyes. Most of the time, only one of his eyes are shown or none at all. He sometimes wears a slingshot on his left arm when he's in combat or when he's backing his partners up. He looks to be about 176cm tall.
- He has a Slingshot, which uses Pachinko balls as ammunition (Note: Pachinko is a Japanese Pinball game) and is extremely accurate when aiming with it. He can even hit a baseball that is flying in mid-air.
- Scopophobia is actually a real life anxiety disorder characterized by a morbid fear of being seen or stared at by others.
- His character is based on the Hunter who captures the wolf in the fairy tale "Little Red Riding Hood." His name, roughly translated, means 'hunter of the forest'.
- Ryoushi's right eye tends to be open when he enters "manly" mode and left eye tends to be open when he is his normal self.
- He has two Akita's he brought with him for the countryside, who's names are Elizabeth and Françoise. Both dogs are female.